Contact: Lisa McMullin — (314) 994-0059
Embracing our vocation as grandmothers, we seek to help our grandchildren grow closer to Jesus Christ in the family of His Church while supporting our children.
We seek to be spiritual guides to our grandchildren by:
- Imparting to them a real and abiding sense of God’s love and plan for them
- Helping them realize God’s presence and action in their lives
- Sharing knowledge of our faith and increasing the knowledge of our grandchildren
- Communicating to them the comfort, peace and joy that they can find in loving God and in loving and serving others
- Helping them understand why obedience to the commandments, cultivation of virtues, and participation in the sacraments leads to a happier life
- Sharing the traditions of our Church and faith
- Being open to their questions and sharing with them our own experiences and histories
- Talking with them about the difficulties of living a faith-filled life in our culture
- Telling them about the saints as examples and friends
We seek to support one another and to discover and share resources and experience in order to be more effective spiritual guides.
What We Do
Books, CD’s and DVD’s for children
- We will meet once a month on the first Wednesday of the month after the school Mass. At our meetings, we will discuss books, DVDs, activities, experiences and best practices in communicating our faith.
- We will seek to find and make available resources for ourselves, our children and our grandchildren.
- We will sponsor speakers. We will pray for one another and for our grandchildren.
—Tan Books (some wonderful and lovely traditional books - good books about saints)
—Christianbook.com (Jesus Storybook Bible highly recommended)
—The Rosary Book and Gift Shop
—"Easter Bunny’s Fabulous Day" by Carol Benoist
—"Angel in the Water" by Regina Doma
—"Songs I Learned in Sunday School" by Burl Ives
—"102 Bible Songs" by Twin Sisters
—any books by Tomi De Paolo
Movies and Web sites that review movies
—"The Case for Christ"
Saint dolls and clothes including for American Girl Dolls
On Etsy —
Bella's Little Shop - 18 different saint outfits for American Girl
The Little Habit - outfits for American Girl dolls
Little Saint Dolls - wooden peg dolls
St. Luke's Brush - very intricately painted peg dolls including entire Last Supper
Handmade by Meg K.
Nun of a kind
Interior Castle Goods
Our Heavenly Friends
—Merchant Adventureres (Etsy)
—Roxy Lynn2 (Etsy) patterns for costumes
—Faithful Findz (Etsy)
—Jacobs Box and Books (Etsy)
—Our Coats of Many Colors
—Vestments for juniors (Etsy)
—The Rosary Book and Gift Shop
Puppets (all available on Amazon)
Puzzleblocks (downloadable design)
Play Mass kit also Mass I Spy
—Plush church that unzips and has altar, organ, baptismal font and people by Pockets of Learning (available at Catholic Supply on Watson)
—Handmade by Meg K.
Activites and Toys
—Catholicchild.com - play sets, books, games, jigsaw puzzles, DVD’s, CD’s, coloring books including Catholic versions of games like Taboo, Cranium, Scattergories, Outburst.
—Catholic Supply - lego like Nativity and Last Supper, games, jigsaw puzzles and angel bandaids
—Catholic Family Catalog
—Catholic Company - including play set with boat and Jesus and disciples. Also magnetic Mass set, Star from Afar (as alternative to Elf on the Shelf)
Catholic Web sites
—Catholicicing.com (this woman has various activities including directions for a Palm Sundae and a Rice Crispie treat version of the grotto at Lourdes)
—Makingmusicprayingtwice.com (CD’s for different seasons)
—The catholic tool box
—Real life at home
—Lighthouse Catholic Media - CD’s (over 300 titles by many different speakers)
—Word on Fire - Bishop Robert Barron - CD’s, DVD’s - also YouTube
—2 wonderful series of DVD’s - "Catholocism" and "Pivotal Players" (excellent)
—"The Spiritual Child" by Lisa Miller - importance of spirituality for children
—"My Nameday: Come for Dessert" by Helen McLoughlin
—"Book of Feasts and Seasons" by Joana Bogle
—"The Year and Our Children: Catholic Family Celebrations for Every Season" by Mary Read Newland
—"The Catholic Home: Celebrations and Traditions for Holidays, Feast Days and Every Day" by Meredith Gould
—"A Continual Feast: A Cookbook to Celebrate the Joys of Family and Faith "Throughout the Christian Year" Evelyn Birge Vitz
—"The Joy of Sports" by Michael Novak
—"Absolute Relativism" by Chris Stefanik
—"Evangelizing Our Children with Joy" by Mary Cooney
—"Return: How to Draw Your Child Back to the Church" by Brandon Vogt
—"From Atheism to Catholicism: My Conversion Diary CD Jennifer Fulwiler (available from Lighthouse Catholic Media